East Africa is the world’s newest oil and gas hotspot. After being neglected for decades the region is now among the fastest growing oil and gas markets in the world. Following the first oil discovery in Uganda in 2006 and gas discovery’s along the Mozambique and Tanzanian coast the region has attracted interest from an increasing number of international oil and gas companies. Offshore exploration has increased exponentially and over the last five years East Africa has developed from a frontier region to becoming a possible game changer in the global gas market.
East Africa covers a territory roughly six times the size of the North Sea but yet less than 500 wells have been drilled in the region to date. The reserve estimates in the region have increased rapidly over the past few years and yet only a small percentage of the region has been properly explored. The market has changed too, as oil majors increasingly drive out smaller companies indicating the industry’s confidence in East Africa’s immense potential.
Deepwater gas for large-scale LNG export terminals has become the biggest story in East Africa and attracted worldwide attention. Onshore, commercial oil production will start within the next few years and several oil and gas infrastructure projects are under development bringing billions of dollars of investment to the region. With its wealth of oil and gas reserves and vast future potential East Africa will be the industry’s hotspot for the next decade.
Visiongain has determined that the value of the East African oil & gas market in 2013 will reach $3.9bn.
What makes this report unique?
Visiongain reports have a unique blend of primary and secondary sources providing informed opinion. The report provides insight into key drivers and restraints behind technological and programme developments, as well as identifying leading companies. The report also provides a unique blend of qualitative analysis combined with extensive quantitative data including global and national markets forecasts from 2013-2023 – all highlighting key business opportunities.
Why you should buy The East African Oil & Gas Market 2013-2023
• Over 135 tables, charts, and graphs quantifying and analysing East African oil & gas markets
• East African regional oil & gas market forecast between 2013-2023
• 6 national East African oil & gas market forecasts between 2013-2023
– South Sudan
• A PEST analysis of the East African oil & gas market
• Detailed analysis of regional and national economic development and business climate
• Information on all East African exploration and production blocks as well as upcoming licensing rounds and production sharing contracts
• Comprehensive information about the companies active in the East African oil & gas market
You can order this report today