Though most EOR techniques have been around for a number of decades, oil prices have often been too low to make their use economic on a large scale. However, the current period of high oil prices, together with increasing global oil demand, maturing oil fields, improving technologies and ongoing concerns over carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions, is creating a new wave of interest in EOR technologies.
According to Visiongain’s analysis, the global EOR market will see production of 2.943 million barrels per day in 2013. Each of the three main categories of EOR (thermal, gas and chemical) is set to see a substantial increase in production over the next ten years, creating opportunities for a range of companies within the oil industry.
Thermal EOR production is dominated by the Canadian oil sands market, which uses widely recognised EOR processes such as cycle steam stimulation (CSS) and steam assisted gravity drainage (SAGD) to extract oil. Strong growth is anticipated in this market, together with thermal EOR techniques used on heavy oil resources in a number of global locations.
The desire to reduce potentially harmful CO2 emissions will help drive the gas EOR market as carbon capture and storage (CCS) technologies are combined with EOR, which gives a value to the carbon. Though the US will continue to predominately use natural sources of CO2 for enhanced oil recovery, EOR projects linked to carbon capture are being established elsewhere.
Improvements in the molecular structures of polymers and surfactants have enabled chemical EOR techniques to become much more economic and efficient in recent years and a number of large-scale projects are due to come into operation over the next few years, particularly in offshore environments.
What makes this report unique?
Visiongain consulted widely with industry experts and full transcripts of exclusive interviews with Solvay and Enhance Energy are included in the report. As such, our reports have a unique blend of primary and secondary sources providing informed opinion. This approach allows insight into the key drivers and restraints behind market developments, as well as identifying the leading companies. The report also presents a unique blend of qualitative analysis combined with extensive quantitative data including global, regional and submarket production forecasts from 2013-2023 – all highlighting strategic business opportunities.
Why you should buy The Enhanced Oil Recovery (EOR) Market 2013-2023: Thermal, Gas and Chemical Production?
• 241 pages of comprehensive analysis
• Exclusive Visiongain interviews with industry experts:
– David Sorin, Vice President of EOR at Solvay
– Susan Cole, President and CEO of Enhance Energy
• 182 tables, charts, and graphs quantifying the market in detail
• Global EOR market production forecasts between 2013 and 2023
• Ten year production forecasts and analysis for the three main EOR submarkets:
• Ten year market and submarket production forecasts and analysis for the 15 leading national EOR markets, plus the market for the rest of the world:
– Saudi Arabia
– United Arab Emirates
– United Kingdom
– United States
– Rest of the World
• Profiles of the leading 10 companies in the EOR market, including information on barrels per day production, market share and future outlook, as well as the location and method of each company’s EOR projects
• Shorter profiles for a further 21 leading companies in the EOR market, including information on current and future projects
• A PEST analysis
• Analysis of the drivers and restraints of the EOR market
You can order this report today
Gain an understanding of how to tap into the potential of this market by ordering The Enhanced Oil Recovery (EOR) Market 2013-2023: Thermal, Gas and Chemical Production